Thursday, August 03, 2006

 

Vintage Gear in Concert: The Pretenders


Last night I had the pleasure of being in the audience for a Pretenders show. Let me just say it was FANTASTIC!! The Pretenders are better than ever; totally tight and completely into putting on one helluva show for the audience, complete with 2 encores. Best yet, they were using some nice vintage gear!
The bassist, Andy Hobson, was sporting a vintage 2nd version Telecaster Bass which he played throughout the entire show. It rocked hard! Chrissy stuck to her trademark Fender Telecaster, and Adam Seymour alternated between a Tele and a double-cutaway thinline that I unfortunately couldn't positively identify from my vantage point. He cranked these axes through an Orange stack that was a real screamer.
It was a great show; I heartily recommend seeing the band if they have a date scheduled in your area. And if you go to a show and spot Vintage gear in-use, let me know and I'll post it.
Cheers!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click here for your favorite eBay items